Version 2.5.0 - December 2015
The most important enhancement brought by this version is the ability to control a Marklin or DCC model layout (Uhlenbrock, Roco, Arnold, LGB, Lenz, Digitrax,...) by using an Uhlenbrock IB-COM or Intellibox connected to an USB port.
For this purpose a new DLL called "catrulni.dll" is included in this package. This DLL can be selected from the "Parameters" dialog box. (CATrain must be restarted afterwards).
Of course, for a good functioning, the drivers provided by Uhlenbrock for the "USB-LocoNet" interface have to be installed and the IB-COM unit must be powered and connected to the PC.
It is also necessary that the types of layout and locomotives have been perfectly defined (Marklin, Marklin-Motorola, DCC), using the "IB-Util" tool (or another tool) provided by Uhlenbrock.
To let the flexibility for CATrain to settle the solenoid switch-on time, the minimum pulse duration must be set to 100ms.
A second enhancement is the implementation of a minimalist approach to solve the problem of alternate routes inside itineraries.
When several track choices are possible while capturing an itinerary (e.g. in a station), the user can draw several loops through all possible routes.
When the "enhanced traffic" option is selected in the "Parameters" dialog box, a train which is stopped by another train standing downstream, will "look" inside the itinerary map for another possible route.
The small example "alternate.tci" enables you to see how this system works. You can trace the itinerary and operate the trains in automatic or semi-automatic traffic mode, with and without the "enhanced traffic" option to see the difference.
A third modification concerns the layout drawing: the previous menu "Move, Copy, Delete" has been replaced by the more classical "Copy & Paste" or "Cut & Paste" procedure.
Moving or duplicating a bloc of tracks must be done in two steps. This is a little more laborious, but this allows to copy and paste blocs of layout from one CATrain window to another, through the clipboard.
The device labels are also redrawn when possible, but not the track section labels.
Version 2.4.1 - August 2015
At least, the Audio effects are implemented!
You can associate audio clips to the trains, to the level-crossings and to dedicated "Horn" elements.
Those audio files must be located inside the "Audio" sub-folder.
You will find there some examples which are immediately usable, but, of course, you can add your own audio effects!
The files must be recorded in "wav" or "mp3" formats, sampled at 44.1 KHz. Monaural recordings are enough.
For people who use CATrain to control a real train layout, triggering an audio effect from an external event in "real-time" is also possible.
Such an event can be the detection of a train or a simple push-button.
Version 2.3.1 - may 2015
- French helpfile did not work
- CATrain could not run in 'Realtime Mode' if Windows runs a long time. Starting with this version, the counter could no longer be negative.
Version 2.3.0 - april 2015
- This version is optimised to run on Windows 7 and 8.
- If you display an itinerary you can now place a train on that itinerary with one button shown in the "Train info" window.
- The “real time” management has been improved. This is mainly of concern for people using CATrain to control a real train layout.
- On the same topic, the installation of the USB driver on 64 bit versions of Windows should not be a problem anymore, at the express condition of accepting the local certificate created for CATrain.
- Some small bugs appearing with Windows 7 and Windows 8 have also been fixed.
Windows 7 & 8, it is not advisable to install CATrain inside the"Programmes" or "Program Files (x86)" directory. Storing data inside those directories needs elevated administrator rights and CATrain will fail to install "catraloc.ini". Moreover, writing ".tci" layout files there, will be impossible...
In addition, there is now available an upload area for TCI-Files. Have Fun!
There was some small errors on the new webpage
- [OK] The forum shows now the new entrys on the top
- [OK] You can now download the PCB-Files
- [WORKING] The description of the hardware is not online - it will be rewritten
- [WORKING] All old TCI-Files are missing. I will review them and bring them back online